Transferring Credit Instructions

Transferring the Credits to your College

Westcott Courses & Omega Math act as the teachers, and one of our partner universities is the college on record. Your official transcript will come from either United States University, Brandman University or Woodbury University, depending on the course. All three universities are regionally accredited by WASC. Since Westcott/Omega is just the teacher on record, we do NOT show up on the transcript from the university.

Your school will check three important criteria when determining if they will accept a class from an outside college:

  • Is the college/university regionally accredited?
    • United States University, Brandman University and Woodbury are all regionally accredited by WASC senior.
  • Are academic semester credits awarded?
    • United States University and Woodury grant semester credits for our courses. Some of the courses through Brandman University are semester credits and others are Professional Development units (PDUs). Make sure you pay close attention when enrolling. Courses used for graduation must be semester credits.
  • Does the course description meet your college's requirements?
    • This criteria is met by our high standards of curriculum. We have written our courses to meet or exceed all other U.S. college curriculum standards. This ensures our courses will most likely be approved by all other colleges, which enables the student to transfer the credits back to their home university.
  • Pre-approval from your College

    We provide prerequisite courses for many colleges & programs across the nation. Thus, your college may be one of these colleges, and if this is the case you won't need pre-approval. Check the Associated College list for your college, and determine if there is an existing articulation agreement. If not, go to the course page for your desired course and scroll to the bottom of the page. A link will be provided to the course on the accrediting universities site, and directions for you to request pre-approval. This link has everything your counselor or registrar's offices needs for pre-approval. Make sure you ask for approval for the course through the universities name and not ours. Since we are just the teachers, we are not important to your college. Your registrar wants to know where the credits are coming from, and that is one of our three partner universities.

    Verify our Partner Universities are Regionally Accredited via Department of Education (gov) site:

    After clicking the Department of Education's web site link, enter the following for the desired college:

    United States University: Enter California for the State
    Click on United States University.

    Brandman University: Enter the street address of: 16355 Laguna Canyon Road
    Click on Brandman University.

    Woodbury University: Enter the street address of: 7500 Glenoaks Blvd
    Click on Woodbury University.

    Verify our Association with our Partner Universities:

    To verify our association with United States University, scroll down on this page to General Education Courses. This page talks about our partnership. It says, "United States University is in partnership with Westcott Courses ...".
    You can click on "Learn More" but come back to this site to enroll. Since you are not a regular student at US University, you must register through this site.

    Brandman University
    Visit the page for our Course Descriptions on Brandman Universities site.

    Woodbury University course links:
    Basic Math/Pre Algebra:(

    Elementary Algebra: (

    Since you are not a regular student at United States, Brandman or Woodbury University, you must register through this site.