Westcott CoursesPublisher of Omega MathTM Courses
Dual Credit Online Courses
The Westcott Courses and UMass Global Dual Credit ModelWestcott Courses and UMass Global partner with your school to offer your students the ability to earn college credits while simultaneously completing the requirements for high school graduation. As a dual credit partner, you can choose the dual credit model that is most appropriate for your students: online, self-paced with rolling enrollment, or a cohort based scheduled course with a set beginning and end. All courses have been reviewed by UMass Global faculty to ensure they meet the quality, rigor, and academic standards of the university. Several courses through Westcott also have UC approval. Read more about accreditation here.
To become a dual credit partner, please contact Nancy Davis, email@example.com, 805-489-2831, ext 1001.
Benefits of a Dual Credit Program
- Students earn college credit that may help them graduate on time, or possibly early.
- Prepares students for the academic rigor of college coursework while they still have the support of their high school and family.
- College credits are earned at a significantly reduced cost.
- Earning college credit can provide students the confidence needed to complete a degree.
- Students earn college credit without the pressure of on campus life.
- Students can be enrolled in a course any day of the year, and they can start their coursework that same day. Once they are finished with their course, they can immediately start another. With the convenience of not being tied to a traditional semester schedule, students can complete more courses in less time.
How the Dual Credit Program Works
- Schools partner with UMass Global and Westcott Courses to select and approve the courses that can be taken for both high school and college credit.
- Courses may allow for rolling enrollment, others run on a set schedule with a pre-approved cohort of students. See below for the difference between courses with rolling enrollment and those that require a set schedule and cohort.
- High Schools will determine the eligibility requirements for students to participate.
- All courses are taught by college instructors.
- UMass Global and Westcott Courses provide the course content, instructors, and platform for the courses.
- UMass Global provides the offiical transcript with academic credit.
Rolling Enrollment Courses:Students can be enrolled in these courses any day of the year, and start that same day!
Please contact Nancy Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org, 805-489-2831, ext 1001 for more information regarding the rolling enrollment courses.
How the rolling enrollment courses work:
- An authorized teacher from your school enrolls your students through a Westcott portal, and the student's online courses are activated immediately.
- Your students take each course with Westcott Courses. We provide the course content and the college instructor.
- Your students have nine months of access to complete the course; however, they can finish the course as soon as they are able and move on to the next course.
- UMass Global provides the college credit, and the official transcript. (UMass Global is regionally accredited by WASC.)
- Your school provides the high school credit for the student.